The Shelby County Law Enforcement Personnel Board met on July 21, 2020 in the training room of the Shelby County Sheriff’s Training Center. This meeting was held in accordance with the current standing order of the Alabama State Health Officer’s regarding the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the restrictions and allowances regarding public meetings, with emphasis on Alabama’ Open Meetings Act, of Governor Kay Ivey’s Proclamation of March 18, 2020, regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
Accordingly, following is a synopsis of that meeting as required by existing orders of the State of Alabama associated with the COVID-19 pandemic:
Actions by the Board included:
- Adoption of the Agenda, which only included items that primarily affected operations of the Sheriff’s Office.
- Approval of Minutes of the June 16, 2020 Board meeting.
- Review and approval of test scores from July 17 testing for Deputy Sheriff and Jail Deputy. Results provided to the Sheriff’s Department.
- Approval of one employee request for educational incentive.
- Approved secretary timesheets.
The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Board is on August 18, 2020, 6:30 PM, at the Sheriff’s Training Center.