The Shelby County Law Enforcement Personnel Board met on June 16, 2020 in the training room of the Shelby County Sheriff’s Training Center. This meeting was held in accordance with the current standing order of the Alabama State Health Officer’s regarding the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the restrictions and allowances regarding public meetings, with emphasis on Alabama’ Open Meetings Act, of Governor Kay Ivey’s Proclamation of March 18, 2020, regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
Accordingly, following is a synopsis of that meeting as required by existing orders of the State of Alabama associated with the COVID-19 pandemic:
Actions by the Board included:
- Adoption of the Agenda, which only included items that primarily affected operations of the Sheriff’s Office.
- Approval of Minutes of the May19, 2020 Board meeting.
- Review and approval of test scores from June 11 and 12 testing for Deputy Sheriff and Jail Deputy. Results provided to the Sheriff’s Department.
- Approval of two employee requests for educational incentive.
- Resolution of pending issue regarding college accreditation and approved a specific course of study pending receipt of written recommendation from the Sheriff.
- Approved hiring of Criminal Analyst upon receipt of written request from the Sheriff
- Approved payment of outstanding invoices for various Board Services.
The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Board is on July 21, 2020, 6:30 PM, at the Sheriff’s Training Center.