The Shelby County Law Enforcement Personnel Board met on May 19, 2020 in the training room of the Shelby County Sheriff’s Training Center. This meeting was held in accordance with the current standing order of the Alabama State Health Officer’s regarding the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the restrictions and allowances regarding public meetings, with emphasis on Alabama’ Open Meetings Act, of Governor Kay Ivey’s Proclamation of March 18, 2020, regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
Accordingly, following is a synopsis of that meeting as required by existing orders of the State of Alabama associated with the COVID-19 pandemic:
The meeting was called to order by Chairman Don Thornton at 6:30 PM
LEPB Board members present in person and by electronic means were Don Thornton, Chair; Lyle Mitchell, Board Secretary; Teddy Brasher, Randy Donaldson and Bill Martin, all Board Members.
Others in attendance included Allison Muro, LEPB Secretary; Shelby County Sheriff John Samaniego; and Captain Jay Fondren, Shelby County Sheriff’s Department and Dale Gorham from Net-to-Net.
Actions by the Board included:
- Adoption of the Agenda, which only included items that primarily affected operations of the Sheriff’s Office.
- Approval of Minutes of the April 21, 2020 Board meeting.
- And overview provided by Dale Gorham on the LEPB website.
- Review and approval of test scores from May 7 and 8 testing for Deputy Sheriff and Jail Deputy. Results provided to the Sheriff.
- Approval of employee request for educational incentive.
- Clarified process for receiving, reviewing, and notification of test scores.
- Approved payment of outstanding invoices.
The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Board is on June 16, 2020, 6:30 PM, at the Sheriff’s Training Center.